Thursday, April 23, 2009

What IPL brings to the table

Its been a long time since i wrote a post. Was busy with all the assignments, projects, research and ofcoz IPL. Last year it was considered a copycat move by the richest sporting board of the world to get out of the predicamen caused by the so called "rebel" ICL. But it turned out to be quite exciting and enthralling. I personally shelled out a lot of money to see some matches (and of coz the hot CHEERLEADERS) live in action at the Chepauk. It was a lot of fun.
But this year, its even more exciting for me,the reason being that I m now in US and not in chennai anymore. This means that no longer do i sit and watch the matches in my hostel TV hall, where the only team hailed is the Chennai Super Kings. (Except for some DADA fans and Sachin fans ofcoz). But here there are people from all sorts of regions. There r goluts, marattis, bengalis, kannadigas (sorry 4 soundin like a racist). So its like a totally different experience.
If Chennai defeats Hyderabad, When I take the bus to my college, I can mock the goluts and Vice-versa. Its so good. At the end of the day we know that its a friendly banter. But nevertheless, this year's IPL doesn't seem like dead rubber to me.
Sticking to the topic, many ppl find it annoying that IPL was shifted to SA. But its actually gud (@least in my perspective). The pitches are more lively. The chicks are far more HOT. We have Mark Nicholas as a commentator (though I miss Tony Greig and Geoffrey Boycott). What more do u want if u r going to watch it in the TV anyway.
The other factor that has made IPL all the more interesting to me is this blog
http://fakeiplplayer.blogspot.com/
It is amazing. Its just not the quality of his language but his writing as a whole. It is sarcastic, witty, informative and sardonic. Do take a look at it guys.
The one thing and the only thing that bothers me in the IPL is the appearance of these celebrity bufoons who happen to be te Franchise owners of some teams. ( Since i like Preity Zinta, I consider her an asset to the IPL). The other 2- SRK and d Big Sister annoy me like anything. It may be a commercial extravaganza. It may have only business motives. But @ the end of the day one cannot say that IPL is not fun.

Rammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment