Monday, April 16, 2012

Snippets_04

Location : Nameless Hair Salon, Velachery, 11 am
> I enter into a hot, crowded hair salon.
> I quickly get across to a Dhina-Thanthi (Tamil newspaper) to fan myself (No power supply in Tamil Nadu Boss)
> As I await my turn, I try and eavesdrop on the conversations that are happening around me
> One reasonably groomed fellow says to another " I was not available yesterday da. Went to Vellore to see my sister. She has given birth to twins"
> He goes on.. "Both of them are girls. Now they have 3 girl children.."
> The other person chimes in now "oops. Their lives are screwed.. ain't so?" , he says.
> "No no. The brother in law is trying to sell these twins. He is looking for interested parties inside the hospital itself. Maybe he will get hold of a broker"
> I am shocked.. stunned.. I don't even know how to react to what i have just heard.
> As I exit the salon only one thought comes to mind... This country will forever be a Third World Country...!

4 comments:

  1. SO what will be your steps to change India from being third world country

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Scary man... so sad and unbelievable na..

    ReplyDelete
  3. aduthavanga pesardha ottu kekarthukune haircut ku poga vendiyathu. rascal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dei, difficult to read da.. black background and white fonts..

    ReplyDelete